Ashwin made history in debut test, these 5 records make him most special
Born on 17 September 1986 in Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, Indian cricketer Ravichandran Ashwin is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. Ashwin is amazing with both ball and bat. Let’s have a look at his 5 best records on his birthday today . Ashwin made history in debut test, these 5 records make him most special
A look at Ashwin’s 5 powerful records …
- Ashwin has the first number in the list of Indians who have completed the fastest 100 wickets in Test cricket and Ashwin has completed 100 wickets in the 18th Test match, destroying the record of Erapalli Prasanna. While Prasanna did this feat in 20 Test matches.
- Ashwin has also done the feat of taking centuries and five wickets in a single match in Tests and he is also the only Indian cricketer to do so. The special thing is that both times they have done this feat against the West Indies.
- The 280-run partnership between Ashwin and India’s opener Rohit Sharma is also the biggest partnership for India in the Test for the seventh wicket. The record of 259 runs partnership was broken by both, which was made by VVS Laxman and Mahendra Singh Dhoni in 2010 against South Africa.
- About 7 years ago, in December 2012, 500 runs and 50 wickets were completed in the Test by Ashwin. He became the third cricketer in the world to do the fastest.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has become ‘Man of the Series’ six times in Test cricket history and he has also defeated Sachin Tendulkar-Virender Sehwag in it. Sachin and Sehwag have named ‘Man of the Series’ five times. Also, let us know that he was also the fourth Indian cricketer in the case of becoming ‘man of the match’ in the debut test. Before them, this feat was done by Narendra Hirwani, Praveen Amre and R.P. Singh did it.