Amitabh Bachchan Birthday Special: 10 Unknown facts of Amitabh Bachchan Parents: Today is the birthday of Amitabh Bachchan, the superhero of the film world. Come, know those 10 things related to his father Harivansh Rai Bachchan and mother Teji Bachchan, which you may not know.
10 Unknown facts of Amitabh Bachchan Parents:
1. Teji Bachchan married poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan. She was the second wife of Harivansh Rai Bachchan. Teji Bachchan has two sons, Amitabh and Ajitabh Bachchan. Before the assassination of Indira Gandhi in 1984, the two had a very close relationship.
2. Amitabh Bachchan’s mother’s name was Teji Bachchan. It is said that Teji Bachchan and Indira Gandhi were very good friends. Teji Bachchan was active as a social activist. She had become a well-known face in Allahabad in a short time.
3. Explain that when Amitabh was born, then poet Sumitranandan Pant went to the nursing home to see him along with Harivansarai. It is said that he named Amitabh. Pointing towards the newborn child, he told the poet Bachchan that look, how calm he looks, as if Amitabh, a meditator.
4. Teji Bachchan was very fond of theater and play. It is said that he once played the role of Lady Macbeth in the play. Teji was made the chairman of the Film Finance Corporation in 1973. Then in 2007, at the age of 93, Teji Bachchan breathed his last at Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai.
5. Amitabh Bachchan’s mother Teji used to put her surname Suri before marriage. She was from a Sikh family, her father’s name was Sardar Khajan Singh. But he did not raise his children like a Sardar.
6. There is another anecdote related to his mother when Amitabh, two and a half years old, was going to his maternal grandfather’s house in Mirpur. Then the mother went to the Lahore railway station to get a speeding ticket and Amit was left with his father. Amitabh somehow managed to get back from his parents.
7. On the day of October 11, 1942, when Amitabh Bachchan was going to be born, his father Harivansh Rai Bachchan wrote his state of mind all night. Some of his lines are such that I had a strange dream at night. I saw that our ancestral house is like a chak.
8. He wrote that in it, my father, sitting in the cell of Pooja, put glasses on his eyes, opened the Ramacharitmanas ki pothi at Rehal, reciting the fifth sabbat of Mass Parayan.
9. Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan wrote the Amar Rachna Madhushala. This creation is also considered to be the latest work of the literary world. Amitabh had said about it that whenever he finds himself in difficulty or frustration, the rows of the tavern start humming.
10. Harivansh Rai Bachchan’s work ‘Do rocks’ was given the Sahitya Akademi Award for Hindi poetry in 1968. In the same year he was also awarded the Soviet Land Nehru Award and the Lotus Prize for the Afro Asian Conference. The Birla Foundation gave him ‘Saraswati Samman’ for his autobiography. He was also awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1976 in the field of literature and education.