Corona virus: What is corona virus, what are its symptoms? Corona virus prevention measures: The number of people who died due to coronavirus disease – COVID-19 infection has increased to 23,000. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared it an epidemic. To prevent the spread of corona virus infection, it is very important to recognize its symptoms. The corona virus can be controlled only by identifying the symptoms.
Corona virus symptoms and methods of prevention
The main symptom of corona virus is high fever. It is a matter of concern if children and adults reach 100 ° F (37.7 ° C) or above.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 88 percent have fever, 68 percent cough and cough, 38 percent fatigue, 18 percent breathlessness, 14 percent body and head pain, 11 percent if infected with the corona virus. Has symptoms of chills and diarrhea in 4 percent. Running nose i.e. running nose is not considered a symptom of corona virus.
Let us know what are the symptoms and ways of prevention of this virus.
What is corona virus?
Corona virus belongs to such a family of viruses whose infection can cause problems ranging from a cold to shortness of breath. This virus has never been seen before. The virus infection started in December in Wuhan, China. According to WHO, fever, cough, shortness of breath are its symptoms. So far no vaccine has been made to stop the virus from spreading.
What are the symptoms of this disease?
Its symptoms are similar to the flu. As a result of infection, problems like fever, cold, shortness of breath, running nose and sore throat arise. This virus spreads from person to person. Therefore, great care is being taken about this. In some cases, the corona virus can also be fatal. Especially older people and who already have asthma, diabetes and heart disease.
What are the preventive measures?
The Ministry of Health has issued guidelines to prevent corona virus. According to them, hands should be washed with soap. Alcohol based hand rub can also be used. Keep your nose and mouth covered with handkerchief or tissue paper while coughing and peeling. Keep distance from people who have cold and flu symptoms. Avoid intake of eggs and meat. Avoid contact with wild animals.
Consider these symptoms to identify the corona
- If a person has a high fever with a dry cough, then he must be checked once. If your temperature is 99.0 and 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, then it will not be considered fever. It is a matter of concern only if the temperature reaches 100 ° F (37.7 ° C) or above.
Phlegm and dry cough:
- It has been found that the corona virus causes phlegm but the infected person has a whooping cough.
- Within 5 days of becoming infected with the corona virus, a person may have problems breathing. The problem of breathing is actually due to the phlegm spreading in the lungs.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), being infected with the corona virus can sometimes cause fever, cough, respiratory problems, as well as flu and cold symptoms.
Diarrhea and vomiting
- Symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting have also been seen in people infected with corona. Such symptoms have been found in about 30 percent people.
Loss of smell and taste
- In many cases it has been found that people infected with corona have a decreased ability to smell and taste.
Corona virus death rate
- Among children up to 9 years – 0 percent
- 0.2 percent among people aged 10–39 years
- 0.4 percent among people aged 40-49
- 1.3 percent among people aged 50-59
- 3.6 percent among people aged 60-69
- 3.6 percent among people aged 60-69
- 8 percent among people aged 70-79
- 14.8 percent of people over 80 years old
7 steps of WHO for prevention of corona virus
The World Health Organization (WHO) has outlined seven easy steps that can help prevent the spread of corona virus and prevent infection from itself.
These are 7 simple steps to protect yourself and others from #COVID19.
— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) March 11, 2020
Government of India also issued advisory
The Government of India has also asked to inform the Health Center immediately on getting symptoms of Corona virus. A 24-hour control room has been prepared by the Health Ministry.
Contact can be made in the control room through the phone number 011-23978046. Apart from this, information can be obtained by mailing to [email protected] about the symptoms of Corona virus or any kind of apprehensions.
A Look at the Corona Infection in the World (COVID-19)
Experts say that out of one thousand persons infected with coronavirus, nine people are feared to have died. So far, the death rate of elderly people with this virus is the highest. Before getting to know about the symptoms of corona and its prevention measures, let us see what is the current condition of corona infection worldwide.
- So far, 16,591 people have died across the world from Corona.
- So far 1812 deaths have been reported from Corona in Iran and 120 in South Korea.
- In Italy alone, 6,077 people have died from Corona so far.
- So far, the number of people affected by corona in China has risen to 81,171.
- So far in China, the number of people who died of corona has reached about 3277.
- The number of people infected with the corona virus worldwide has crossed 3,84,433.
- Click here to know the Corona virus updates from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- Click here for World Health Organization (WHO) related Corona virus advisory
- For answers to frequently asked questions about the corona virus go here
- Click here to know the latest status of Corona virus from WHO.
Basic information about Kovid-19
Corona virus ie Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a very subtle but effective virus. The corona virus is 900 times smaller than human hair. In size, this small virus has scared the whole world. In December 2019, the first case of Novel Corona Virus (Kovid-19) came to information in Wuhan city of China.
Fever, cold, cold, cough and breathing problems were found among the people affected by this infection. Doctors found that these symptoms are very similar to SARS. Novel corona virus (NCOV / COVID-19) is the seventh virus in the corona virus family. Now six types of corona viruses have been revealed. Its genetic structure was found to be up to 80 percent similar to the SARS virus found in bats.