Article 35A and 370 Removed from J & K, understand in 12 points – what will be the change: The central government has stamped the much-anticipated decision to remove Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir. Simultaneously, the 35A (Special Citizenship Rights) applicable in the state has also been terminated automatically. After the President’s approval, the Central Government on Monday informed Parliament of the abolition of Articles 370 and 35A from Jammu and Kashmir. Union Home Minister Amit Shah first informed the Rajya Sabha and then in the Lok Sabha to end Article 370 and 35A. Learn in 12 points – what is the meaning of ending Article 370 and 35A from Jammu and Kashmir and what rights you will get from it.
End of Article 35A and 370
With the end of Articles 370 and 35A, there has been uproar in political circles. Where some politicians are describing it as one country – one constitution. At the same time, most opposition parties are opposing it. Experts also believe that after the abolition of Articles 370 and 35A, Jammu and Kashmir has become an integral part of India in the true sense. This is very good news for the people of other states of the country, which the country has been waiting for since independence.
Article 370 and 35A will end with the 12 changes
- Now people of other states of the country will also be able to settle in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kashmir will no longer have a separate flag. Meaning that the tricolor will wither even now. In Jammu and Kashmir, insulting or burning or harming the tricolor will now come under the category of serious crime.
- Along with Article 370, separate constitution of Jammu and Kashmir has also become history. Now there will be a constitution of India applicable.
- Dual citizenship of the locals in Jammu and Kashmir will end.
- Jammu and Kashmir has been cut into two pieces Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will now be separate Union Territories.
- Clause 1 of Article 370 will be applicable only. The remaining blocks have been terminated. Section-1 was also implemented by the President. It can also be removed by the President. According to clause-1 of Article 370, the President can apply various articles of the Constitution to Jammu and Kashmir by consulting the Government of Jammu and Kashmir.
- There will be an assembly in Jammu and Kashmir, but there will not be an assembly in Ladakh. Meaning there will be a state government in Jammu and Kashmir, but there will be no local government in Ladakh.
- Girls of Jammu and Kashmir will now be at liberty to marry people of other states as well. Their citizenship will not end when they marry another man.
- Article-370 has undergone many changes in the past. By 1965, the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir used to replace the Sadar-e-Riyasat and the Prime Minister instead of the Chief Minister.
- The President had already approved the abolition of Article 370. Actually this paragraph was already implemented by the President. Therefore, there was no need to get a parliament passed to eliminate it.
- The term of the Jammu and Kashmir government will now be five years, not six years.
- Any citizen of India can now be able to work in Jammu and Kashmir. Till now only local people had the right to jobs in Jammu and Kashmir.
Also Read These
- Article 370: ADA ally JDU opposes Modi government’s decision; BSP-BJP and AIADMK support
- Article 370 | Article 370 Details Explained: Article 370 Latest News On Ladakh, Jammu Kashmir Article 370