Jammu and Kashmir Issue: Modi Government’s ‘Mission Kashmir: What will be the change with the removal of Article 370: For the last 10 days there has been hustle, uncertainty and speculation in Jammu and Kashmir. The Modi government put a stop to it on Monday and took an important decision in the cabinet meeting. Union Home Minister Amit Shah presented the resolution in the Rajya Sabha and said that the process of abolishing Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir has been initiated. Learn in 10 points, what will change in Jammu and Kashmir after the removal of Article 370?
Jammu and Kashmir Issue
1. JAMMU AND KASHMIR STATE RATE: Home Minister Amit Shah in his announcement told the Parliament that Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will now be known as separate Union Territories under the Central Government. That is, the state of Jammu and Kashmir has been abolished. In such a situation, Jammu and Kashmir will now be a state like Delhi, which will have its own assembly, but it will be considered under the center.
2. Will not be held in Ladakh: According to the speech of Home Minister Amit Shah, the mountainous region of Ladakh, which till date was part of Kashmir. It has now been separated from Jammu and Kashmir and it has also been declared as Union Territory. It will now be a union territory with no assembly like Chandigarh.
Also Read these
- Article 370 linked to Kashmir is permanent or temporary? Learn the opinion of constitutional experts
3. Locked Privilege: Now in Jammu and Kashmir, similar to other Union Territories of India, the rules and regulations of India will be applicable. Central government development schemes or other laws will be implemented simultaneously with all states. With the removal of Article 370, Article 35A will also become ineffective. Under this, this state got different rights from the rest of the country.
4. People from other states will also be able to work in Kashmir: Under Article 35A of Article 370, people from other states of the country have opened the way to join the government jobs of Kashmir.
5. Open the way for buying property in Kashmir: After Article 370’s removal, people from other states can purchase and sell property in Kashmir. Earlier residents of other states could neither settle here nor buy property.
6. Constitutional provisions will be applicable: First Jammu and Kashmir had a separate constitution, but after the Article 370’s removal, the Indian constitution will be applicable in Jammu and Kashmir only. The central government will not have to take the permission of the state government to take any important decision.
7. External marriage will not be excluded from property on marriage: If the woman of Jammu and Kashmir first married in another state, she would be evicted from the property. This provision will also end after Article 370 is removed.
8. Ending different flag and separate agenda: Kashmir will not have a separate flag after Article 370 has been withdrawn. Even now the tricolor will be valid and action will be taken against those who insult them. Laws like RTI and CAG will be applicable in Kashmir.
9. Dual citizenship will end: The citizens of Jammu and Kashmir had till now got dual citizenship. First of Jammu and Kashmir and second Indian citizenship. After Article 370’s removal, Kashmiri citizens will also be called Indian citizens.
10. Minorities will get reservation: Now the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir will get the benefit of the reservation implemented in the country. Earlier, they did not get reservation facility. At the same time, President’s rule will be implemented in Jammu and Kashmir now in place of governor’s rule.
Also Read These