Karwa Chauth 2019: Know Date, Important Puja Rituals, Timings Of The Festival: Karva Chauth 2019: The fast of Karwa Chauth or Karva Chauth has special significance in the Hindu religion. For Suhagin women, this fast is the most special of all the fasts. On this day, women stay hungry all day long and wish for their husband’s long life. Not only this, even virgin girls keep fast for the desired groom. On this day, after worshiping Goddess Parvati and Lord Ganesha with complete ritualism, the story of Karva Chauth Katha is heard. Then this fast ends only after offering the moon to the moon at night. It is believed that keeping fast of Karva Chauth gives a boon of unbroken good luck.
When is Karva Chauth?
The festival of Karva Chauth is celebrated nine days before Deepawali. According to the Hindu Panchang, the fast of Karva Chauth falls every year on the Chaturthi of Kartik month. At the same time, according to the English calendar, this festival falls in the month of October. This time Karva Chauth is on 17 October 2019.
Karva Chauth date and auspicious time (Karva Chauth Date and Time)
- Date of Karva Chauth: 17 October 2019
- Chaturthi Date Start: 17 October 2019 (Thursday) from 06:48 AM
- Chaturthi date ends: 18 October 2019 till 07:29 am
- Time of Karva Chauth fast: from 06:27 AM to 08:16 PM on 17 October 2019.
- Total duration: 13 hours 50 minutes
- Auspicious time for Pooja: 17 October 2019 at 05:46 pm from 07 to 02:00
- Total duration: 1 hour 16 minutes.
How do we celebrate the festival of Karva Chauth?
Preparations for Karva Chauth begin several days in advance. Suhagin women buy clothes, jewelry, makeup and puja items. On the day of Karva Chauth, women eat sargi before sunrise. After this, henna is applied on the hands and feet in the morning and the plates of worship are decorated. Fasting women from the neighboring neighborhood gather in a temple, house or garden before dusk. Here all the women worship Karva Chauth together. After worshiping by law, all women listen to the story of Karva Chauth from an elderly woman. During this time, all the women worship in red pairs with sixteen adornments. Arghya is offered on the rise of the moon and the aarti of the husband is performed. The fasting of women ends by drinking water at the hands of her husband.
Worshiping materials of Karva Chauth
A day or two before the fast of Karva Chauth, collect all the worship material and keep it in the temple of the house. The worship materials are as follows – mud spout and lid, water pot, ganga water, lamp, cotton, incense sticks, sandalwood, kumkum, roli, akshat, flowers, raw milk, curd, desi ghee, honey, sugar, turmeric, rice , Sweet clay, sugar sugar, mehndi, Mahavar, vermilion, comb, bindi, chunri, bangle, nettle, yellow clay to make gauri, wood posture, sieve, Athavari of eight puris, halua and dakshina money.
Worship method of Karva Chauth?
- On the day of Karva Chauth, get up and take a bath in Brahma Muhurta.
- Now chanting this mantra, take the resolution of the fast – “Mama Sukhasoubhagya
- Putra Pautradi Susthira Shri Achaye Karak Chaturthi Vratham Karishye”.
- Eclipse sargi before sunrise and then keep Nirjala fast throughout the day.
- Make a pan with ocher on the wall and prepare the solution by grinding the soaked rice.
- Make a picture of Karva on the board with this solution. By the way, readymade photos are also available in the market today. They are called brides. The art of painting is done to get the work done.
- Make Athavari of eight puris. Make halva or kheer in the dessert and also prepare the dish.
- Now with the help of yellow clay and cow dung, make a statue of Goddess Parvati. Now, place this idol on easy wooden and offer mehndi, mahawar, vermilion, comb, bindi, chunri, bangle and nettle.
- Keep a lotion filled with water.
- Fill wheat with wheat in Karwa and sugar powder in the lid.
- Make Roli a swastika on Karva.
- Now worship Gauri-Ganesh and Painted Karva.
- Chant this mantra while praying for the long life of the husband- “O Namah: Shivayai
- Sherwaniye Saubhagya Santi Shubham. Desire devotees, women, women, Harvallabhe
- Place 13 bindi on Karva and take 13 grains of wheat or rice in hand, tell or listen to the story of Karva Chauth.
- After hearing the story, turn your hand over Karva and take blessings of all your elders and give them Karva.
- Keep aside the lump of water and 13 grains of wheat.
- After the moon comes out, see the husband with the sieve of the sieve and give arghya to the moon.
- While praying to the Moon, wish the husband’s long life and be with you throughout his life.
- Now bow to the husband and seek his blessings and drink water from his hand. Now sit with your husband and have a meal.
Sargi in Karva Chauth
Sargi also has special significance on the day of Karva Chauth. Women and girls who fast on this day wake up before sunrise and eat a sargi after bathing. Sargi usually prepares mother-in-law. Dry fruits, coconut, fruits and sweets are eaten in the sargi. If there is no mother-in-law, then even a big household member can make a sargi for her daughter-in-law. The girls who are observing the fast of Karva Chauth before marriage, give their sargi a evening before their in-laws.
Karva Chauth Katha
According to mythological beliefs the moneylender had seven boys and a girl. Her daughter-in-law and daughter, including Sethani, had observed the fast of Karva Chauth. At night, when the moneylender’s boys started eating, they asked their sister for food. To this, the sister replied – “Brother! The moon has not come out yet, I will eat it after giving arghya.” Hearing the sister’s talk, what did the brothers do that after going out of the city and lit a fire and taking a sieve, showing light from them, they said to the sister, “Sister! The moon has come out. Offer food by offering.”
Hearing this, he said to his sisters-in-law, “Come, you should also offer the moon.” But she knew this scandal, she said- “Bai Ji! The moon has not come out yet, your brothers are cheating on you and showing the light of fire with a sieve.” Even after listening to the sisters, he did not pay any heed and took food by giving light to the light shown by the brothers. In this way, Ganesha became displeased with the fast after breaking the fast. After this, her husband became very ill and whatever was in the house, he became sick.
When he came to know about his faults, he repented, praying Ganesh ji and started fasting on Chaturthi again by law. Honoring everyone according to the devotion, he took his mind to receive the blessings. In this way, Lord Ganesha became happy on seeing her deeds with devotion and devotion and donated life to her husband and made him rich with wealth after healing. In this way, anyone who abandons deceit and deceit and observes Chaturthi fast with devotion and devotion will get all kinds of happiness.