Neelam sharma: Doordarshans famous news Anchor Neelam sharma passes away Know detail about him: Doordarshan’s noted senior anchor Neelam Sharma died on Saturday. It has also been reported on Doordarshan’s official Twitter handle. His fellow journalists and media persons have also paid him a warm tribute.
Neelam leaves behind her husband and 15-year-old son. According to the information received, she was suffering from cancer. She started his career with Doordarshan in 1995. Neelam was a known face of Doordarshan. Doordarshan has mourned the demise of Neelam.
Neelam Sharma is Doordarshan Starrer
Neelam Sharma, a longtime Doordarshan starrer, anchored shows such as Tejaswini and Charat Mein for the channel. These shows made him famous in every household. The audience always saw him smiling. Always gentle and simple during anchoring.
On the demise of Neelam Sharma, Prasar Bharati president A Surya Prakash wrote with grief that we have lost our Tejaswini.
At the same time, Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar and Doordarshan Director General Supriya Sahu also expressed deep grief over the death of their colleague.
She was associated with Doordarshan for the last 20 years. Neelam received the ‘Nari Shakti’ award in March itself. Neelam was also awarded several awards in addition.
It is being told that Neelam Sharma, the famous anchor of DD News, was suffering from a serious disease like cancer for a long time and was admitted to a hospital in Noida. She was put on ventilator when the condition worsened, where she breathed his last on Saturday.
Significantly, it was revealed a month ago that she has breast cancer and is in the last stage. She was first screened at AIIMS when she was suffering from illness, but the cancer was not confirmed then.
Know about Neelam Sharma
- Neelam Sharma conducted programs like ‘Badi Baat’ and ‘Tejaswini’ quite well.
- She was the founding anchor of the channel and was associated with DD News for over 20 years.
- Neelam Sharma husband Anil Kapoor is employed in radio.
- Neelam received many accolades, including the ‘Nari Shakti Award’. She received this honor in March itself.
Also Read these
- Rakhi Sawant Marriage: Rakhi Sawant confessed to the wedding, saying- ‘Yes I have married an NRI’
- Sushma Swaraj Death: Sushma Swaraj was only Female Politician who recive Standout MP Award Know all about her