International Day of Girl Child 2019: 11 October 2012 has been marked as International Day of the Girl Child (International Day of Girl Child). The International Day of Girl Child focuses on the need to address the challenges faced by girls and promote the empowerment of girls and the fulfillment of their human rights. UNESCO is committed to celebrating this day to ensure that all girls get quality education and a dignified life.
This year Girl Child Day Theme
This year’s theme is “Girl Force: Unscripted and unstoppable”. We will celebrate achievements with and for girls since the adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
Why celebrate International Day of Girl Child
- First time this is Start on 11 Oct 2011
- To empower girls in society
- Girls should have every opportunity to show their skills.
- PM Modi launched ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign.
- ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme is started in the year 2015.
- The theme of the first International Girl Child Day has been the end of child marriage.
How many women are there in the world?
According to statistics, today there are more number of men than women in the world.
- The UN estimates that the number of males is about 3,776,294,273, while the estimated number of females is about 3,710,295,643.
- About 107 boys are born for about 100 girls.
Why girls are important for society?
- bind the family together
- are hardworking
- Easily play multiple roles
- Preserves the family’s reputation
- Acts as an ideal mentor
Government policies to encourage and empower women
- teach daughter, save daughter
- Kasturba Gandhi Girls School
- Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- Kishori Shakti Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Daughter is kind to God
- She is the basic foundation of creation
- Daughter is a follower of civilization
- A girl is a blessing not a curse
- Daughter is a precious heritage