Willing to leave Shiv Sena NDA to form government, Union Minister Sawant will resign; Raut said – BJP is in arrogance: After BJP’s refusal to form the government in Maharashtra, Shiv Sena has prepared to form government with the help of NCP and Congress. But, NCP and Congress have conditioned their separation from NDA to support Shiv Sena. After this, Shiv Sena’s only Union Minister in the Modi government, Arvind Sawant, announced his resignation by tweeting on Monday morning.
Shiv Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said that the BJP is ready to sit in the opposition, but will not distribute the chief minister’s post. This is his ego. On the other hand, Congress-NCP and BJP have called core committee meetings.
Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray may become the Chief Minister in the changed circumstances. Whereas, earlier he wanted to make his son Aditya Thackeray as CM. On the other hand, the post of Deputy Chief Minister may go to NCP in this new alliance. At the same time, Congress can be given the post of speaker in the assembly.
According to sources, the Governor has given time till 7:30 pm on Monday evening to inform the Shiv Sena about the strength. In such a situation, Uddhav himself has started making the equation of power. By late night, senior Sena leaders met in Matoshri.
‘Arvind Sawant resigns on Uddhav’s orders’
Sanjay Raut said in the press conference, “BJP is not ready to distribute the chief minister’s post for two-and-a-half years. He will not give the Chief Minister’s post to the Shiv Sena under any circumstances. Even if they have to sit in opposition. Whether or not this behavior will be called cheating the public. If BJP is not ready to accept, then what is our relationship? We did not even ask. This relationship remained a formality. Our Union Minister Arvind Sawant will resign from the Union Cabinet on the orders of Uddhav Thackeray. ”
- NCP chief Sharad Pawar will hold a meeting of the party’s core committee in Mumbai. Praful Patel, Supriya Sule, Ajit Pawar, Jayant Patil and other leaders will be present in it. Pawar said – Whatever decision will be taken, NCP and Congress will take together. It is still till evening.
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi called a meeting of the Working Committee at her residence in Delhi to discuss the political situation in Maharashtra. It was attended by other leaders including Ahmed Patel, KC Venugopal and Mallikarjun Kharge. Earlier, Kharge held a meeting with Maharashtra legislators staying in Jaipur.
- BJP has called a meeting of the core committee in the afternoon at the residence of Legislature Party leader Devendra Fadnavis.
Shiv Sena will separate from NDA alliance
Shiv Sena Union Minister Arvind Sawant tweeted- Shiv Sena’s favor is truth. Why did he stay in Delhi government in such a false atmosphere and that is why I am resigning from the post of Union Minister. I will hold a press conference in this regard at 11 am in Delhi.
Congress not included in potential government
- It is not clear whether the Congress will join the coalition government. But, the Speaker’s post may go to the Congress account. Former Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will be the first choice for this. There has been talk of giving the post of Deputy Chief
- Minister to the NCP, but the tussle over the Home Ministry continues. In 1999, Congress and NCP formed a government in the state under similar circumstances. After this, both parties were in power for 15 years.
- Congress leader Ashok Chavan said in Jaipur late Sunday evening that the party was not in favor of imposing President’s rule on the people of the state. He said that the newly elected party MLAs will consult the high command and decide on the basis of that.